5 Reasons You Can't Miss West Chester's Gallery Walk
January 15, 2016 | By Ronna Dewey, Dish Works
It’s time for one of our favorite events—West Chester’s Gallery Walk, presented by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by the West Chester BID. The fun unfolds on First Friday, May 6, from 5–9 p.m.
Gallery Walk, always a favorite night in downtown West Chester, features an eclectic mix of gallery receptions and one-night-only exhibits. Why attend Gallery Walk? Here are the top reasons you can’t miss this event:
- Gallery Walk showcases the work of local, national and international artists. Exhibits include paintings in watercolor, acrylic and oil as well as sculpture, photography, jewelry, ceramics, textiles and more. With something to please all tastes and budgets, we bet you will have difficulty choosing just one piece to purchase!
- Enjoy a night strolling along the walkable streets of our quaint town. Drop by businesses you have never visited before to see beautiful artwork and so much more. Check out our ThinkShopBuy...LOCAL initiative and take advantage of fantastic deals during Gallery Walk and in the future.
- View more than 20 one-night-only shows throughout the downtown business area, including restaurants, banks and boutiques. Grab a group of friends for dinner and drinks while taking in one-of-a-kind artwork.
- Officially welcome new businesses to the neighborhood.
- Free parking! All street meters are free after 5 p.m. on Friday, May 6, during Gallery Walk.
For a list of featured exhibitors and galleries, go to www.downtownwestchester.com. Visit Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce to download a Gallery Walk brochure and map.