This week’s “Business Spotlight” is Zazen, which is located at 200 E Gay Street! We sat down with Chris Balan, who co-owns Zazen along with his wife, Tien Balan.
1. Tell me about your store and any particular things you believe make it unique.
At Zazen, we specialize in Natural Nail Care, Lash Extensions, and Microblading. Many of our clients drive up to 3-4 hours to get their brows done with us! We also have a Training Studio where we teach beauty professionals from all over the Northeast how to do Lash Extensions and Microblading.
2. What services or products do you offer?
We offer Natural Nail Services, Lash Extensions, Lash Lifts/Tints, Microblading, Powder Brows, and Lash Line Enhancement. To make an appointment for any of these services, you can book online at zazennailspa.com.
3. How long have you been in business?
Zazen West Chester originally opened in 2010 offering Natural Nail Care, which means only using non-toxic products and natural ingredients. We opened our second location located next door called Zazen Beauty, offering Lash Extensions, Microblading, and Lash & PMU Training.
4. What do you love most about being located in West Chester?
Definitely the food! There are so many good places to eat. It’s amazing to see the progression of all these restaurants as they’ve opened up over the years. Also, we love how charming and historic West Chester is. Our town has an amazing community of people!
5. What can you tell me about the culture or atmosphere of your store?
We have a laid-back and relaxing atmosphere. Whether you want to catch up with your girlfriend while getting your nails done or get glammed up with Lashes or Microblading, we’ve got you covered. We take customer service very seriously and treat our clients and employees like family. We have some clients that have been coming to us for over 12 years!
6. Is there anything else you would like to share about your store?
Here are some common FAQs/details about our services:
– Lash extensions add volume and length to the natural eyelashes. It’s waterproof and saves you time in the morning since you don’t have to put on eye makeup.
– Microblading helps those who have thin and uneven brows. Natural hair strokes are individually hand drawn and shaded on your eyebrows, so it looks very natural to your original brows. They last up to 12-36 months.
– For mani/pedis, all of our lotions and scrubs are made with all-natural ingredients and paraben free.
Learn more and make your next appointment at zazennailspa.com or follow us on social media at @zazenbeauty!