This week’s “Business Spotlight” is The Art Trust at Meridian Bank, which is located at 16 W Market Street. We sat down with their Board President, Liz Ruff, to get the inside scoop.
1. Tell me about your business and what makes it unique.
We’re a volunteer-based, charitable organization that supports and cultivates the exploration of a contemporary aesthetic of art for the benefit of artists and the community. With the support of our corporate sponsor, Meridian Bank, 100% of the net proceeds from the sale of art go towards art sponsorships, scholarships, and grants. This year, we provided five $1,000 scholarships to local high school seniors continuing their study of fine art in institutions of higher learning.
2. What services or products do you offer?
We host 8 exhibits yearly featuring all varieties of contemporary art.
3. How long have you been in business?
Since June 2006!
4. What do you love most about being located in West Chester?
West Chester is a vibrant, walkable town with a dynamic and supportive arts community.
5. What can you tell me about the culture or atmosphere of your business?
Welcoming. Friendly. We aim to introduce our community to the talented contemporary artists in our region and encourage visitors to collect original art.
6. Is there anything else you would like to share about your business?
Check out our upcoming exhibits and events! You can find the full list on our website at www.thearttrust.org.
- Current exhibit: DWELL runs JUN 12 > AUG 4
- Next exhibit: NURTURE runs AUG 9 > SEPT 22
- Artists’ reception | Fri, AUG 11 | 5pm – 8pm
- Artists’ talk | Thurs, SEPT 7 | 7pm – 8pm
We also host a popular IG Live program titled Eat, Drink & Be Artsy where we mix a fancy cocktail and interview exhibiting artists. Follow us on Instagram (@the_art_trust) to watch past IG Lives and stay up-to-date on future ones!