This week’s “Business Spotlight” is Solome, which is located at 117 W Gay Street (Suite 206). We sat down with the owner/fashion designer, Solome Katongole, to get the inside scoop.
1. Tell me about your business and what makes it unique.
At Solome, my goal is to design and create luxurious, high-quality garments. I make one-of-a-kind custom clothing and bridal wear. For my contemporary, African-inspired clothing, there’s a limited number of garments per style. Accessories carried at Solome showcase beautiful, handmade, and high-quality products from Africa. I also collaborate with very talented artisans to produce items with a cultural flair!
2. What services or products do you offer?
I offer contemporary, ready-to-wear clothing for women, children, and men, custom evening and bridal wear, and accessories.
3. How long have you been in business?
I started designing in late 2009, took a break in 2014, and then started designing again in 2020. I just recently opened my store in the Gay Street Commons!
4. What do you love most about being located in West Chester?
West Chester is a close-knit community and very supportive. I look forward to creating a loyal customer base and collaborating with other businesses!
5. What can you tell me about the culture or atmosphere of your business?
The atmosphere in Solome is inviting, involving, and engaging. I want my clients to feel and look good in my clothing.
6. Is there anything else you would like to share about your business?
New jackets, bags, and skirts are now available in the store. My store hours are Monday-Sunday from 10am-6pm.
Can’t make it during store hours? Shop Solome online! And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!