This week’s “Business Spotlight” is May 23, which is located at 117 W. Gay Street (Suite 134). We sat down with the owner, Stephen Riek, to get the inside scoop.
1. Tell me about your business and what makes it unique.
At May 23, we carry a little bit of everything! You can get a new outfit for yourself or your dog and a new record to listen to while you burn your Taylor Swift prayer candle and play with your Snoop Dogg Funko Pop!
Atticus the Yorkie (@chloeandatticus on Instagram) loves to sit in the window. He’s even got his own line of merch, including t-shirts, stickers, record slip mats, and more.
2. What services or products do you offer?
We have a wide variety of women’s clothing (from casual to dressy), men’s graphic tees and socks, dog sweaters and pajamas, and lots more. We have over 2,000 titles in our vinyl record selection. We also have a large assortment of gift items, including enamel pins, Funko Pop, coffee mugs, pop culture prayer candles, and more!
3. How long have you been in business?
We first opened our doors in 2009 and have been at our current location since 2013.
4. What do you love most about being located in West Chester?
We love the sense of community in West Chester. Also, Atticus loves all of the dog friends he makes walking past the store!
5. What can you tell me about the culture or atmosphere of your business?
We want everyone to feel welcome at May 23. According to Atticus, you will feel even more welcome if you have dog treats!
6. Is there anything else you would like to share about your business?
We get new clothing every 1-2 weeks and we get new vinyl once or twice a week. Follow us at @may23online or shop online at www.may23online.com!