Chester County Hospital Lights Up Holiday Weekends in West Chester Schedule of Events
Throughout The Holiday Season
- Mid-November – Early January: The installation and display of the 25 ft. Christmas Tree on the lawn of the Historic Courthouse. The tree lighting will take place before the start of the parade on Friday, December 2nd.
- November 26th – January 2nd: The return of the professionally installed holiday lights on Gay, Market and High Streets!
- November 26th-January 2nd: The return of the Delphi Wealth Management Professional Gingerbread House Competition! Professional builders include: Cakes and Candies by Maryellen, Carlino’s, John Serock Catering, Kilwins West Chester, Yori’s Church Street Bakery and the 2021 winner, The Master’s Baker! Check back soon for display locations.
- November – Early December: The return of the WSFS Bank Toy Drive. More details to come on how to donate and the benefiting organizations
Every Saturday starting November 26th ~ December 17th
- Saturdays, 2-3pm: The “Making Spirits Bright Holiday Music Series” sponsored by Oakbourne Advisors, will feature local choirs and performances singing favorite holidays songs every Saturday on the steps of the historic courthouse on High Street!
- Saturdays, 3pm: Santa on The Fire Truck sponsored by Tolsdorf Oil Lube Express. Every Saturday Santa will be escorted through the streets of downtown West Chester by First WC Fire Co.
Weekend of December 2nd ~ 4th
- Friday, December 2nd, 7pm: The West Chester Christmas Parade! The re-imagining of our beloved Christmas Parade! Parade-goers can also expect a focus on all things local, from award-winning floats with local flare by some of Chester County’s most creative designers, to sparkling performances by hometown favorites including nationally recognized marching bands that are exclusively local. Santa has agreed to make his much-anticipated appearance. Adam Joseph of 6abc is returning to be our parade emcee!
- Saturday, December 3rd, 11am-Noon: Little Lincolns Gettysburg Address Competition at the Historic Courthouse Steps on High Street. Middle school students from across the county put on their best Lincoln attire and recite the Gettysburg Address.
This event encourages youth to become more involved their community and more deeply appreciate local history. This program is presented by The Chester County Community Foundation.
- Saturday, December 3rd, 4:30pm-6:30pm: Santa at the Square! The borough of West Chester will host pictures with Santa at Marshall Square Park!
Weekend of December 9th ~ 11th
- Saturday, December 10th, 2 shows; 1:00pm and 3:00pm: Scrooge! Follow Scrooge’s journey to the true Christmas spirit in this danced version of the Dicken’s classic “A Christmas Carol” West Chester United Methodist Church Fiesta Center 129 South High St. 19382. Advance Tickets: General admission- $12, Seniors and Children 11yrs and under -$10. For information and tickets call: 610-692-3398 email: firstname.lastname@example.org website: westchesterdanceworks.org.