Downtown West Chester supports entrepreneurs
January 2, 2018
West Chester, the seat of Chester County, is in the heart of “the healthiest, the wealthiest, and the best educated county in Pennsylvania,” according to County officials. Chester County (pop. 500,000+) had the highest median household income between 2012 and 2016 at $89k. Also, Chester County was the best educated with Bachelor’s degrees or higher during the same period with a rate of 50.2 percent. (Source: the U.S. Census Bureau 2012-2016 American Community Survey.)
Within this healthy economic environment, the West Chester Business Improvement District (BID) strives to provide programs and services so that retail businesses of all types will thrive.
1) We work with you to find the right location for your business.
2) Your new business is provided with initial marketing support to introduce you to the community.
3) On-going support is provided to help bring you new customers and to introduce any new events, services, or inventory.
4) Free and confidential business counciling offered by SCORE.
5) Loans for small businesses.
Online services and platforms include:
Your own business page at DowntownWestChester.com.
Social media support on Facebook (@Downtown West Chester PA); Instagram (@DowntownWestChesterPA); and Twitter (@downtownwcpa).
Print services include:
A listing in the Downtown West Chester Shopping and Dining Guide.
Public relations support in West Chester Fig Magazine, County Lines Magazine, WC Press Magazine, and others.
7 reasons West Chester is a great place for your business:
1) An award winning downtown.
2) A cosmopolitan downtown with a small-town feel.
3) A highly educated labor pool and a strong university environment provided by West Chester University.
4) Since 2010, the fastest growing borough in Pennsylvania.
5) Several popular family festivals and events each year.
6) Surrounded by more than a 100 attractions.
7) A safe environment with a stable economy.
We welcome the opportunity to engage with you and encourage you to consider locating in our historic and walkable community.
Contact us today --
Malcolm Johnstone, Executive Director
West Chester BID
137 North High St
West Chester PA 19380
Updated April 29, 2018