Borough Council selects Restoration of Rail Service Ad-hoc Committee
July 1, 2014 | submitted by West Chester Borough
West Chester PA -- On June 24th , 2014, Borough Council completed interviews and selected the first members of the Ad-Hoc Advisory Committee for the Restoration of the Rail Service to West Chester.
The committee consists of seven members, three of which are residents of the Borough and all with very impressive credentials.
“We have a very talented group of people with diverse backgrounds who will all help to achieve the overall goal of someday soon restoring rail service to West Chester,” said Jordan Norley, Borough Council President.
Members include David Thurston, Michael Thurston, JoAnn Kelton, John Young, Joe Lorini, Tom Hickey, and Craig Blizzard.
The purpose of the committee is to cause, as soon as possible, the re-establishment of rail service to West Chester through some of the following activities:
- Compiling information and data on issues relating to the return of the rail service;
- Preparing a history of the rail line;
- Advising Council of County, State, regional, national and private plans, actions, meetings, hearings, and conferences as they develop that have or may have a bearing on the return of the rail service;
- Ascertaining what groups, organizations, individuals and the like, that are, or are likely to become, allied in securing re-establishment of rail service to West Chester;
- Attending and/or participating in activities and gatherings, at the request of Council, in furtherance of re-establishing rail service;
- Serve as advocates for the return of the rail service at events and forums.
The initial meeting of the committee is July 23, 2014, at 7:00 p.m.
See also: The West Chester Trolley