Message from West Chester Mayor Carolyn Comitta
As you know, Hurricane Irene is expected to affect our area through Sunday afternoon. It will produce high winds and six to ten inches of rain.
All emergency operations are fully activated and on stand-by.
However, residents should take the following actions:
- Listen to local media for updated information.
- Be prepared with enough basic supplies for 72 hours.
- Store all outdoor items before this evening, including trash cans.
- Plan to stay indoors during this storm.
- Avoid driving or walking through flooded areas and stay away from moving floodwaters.
- If you lose power, contact PECO at 1-800-841-4141.
- Use flashlights not candles in order to avoid fires.
- Report property damage or severe flooding areas in the Borough to the Emergency Operations Center at 610-430-4993.
- For emergency service, call 9-1-1.
Thank you and stay safe.