The new Chestnut Street Facility is located in the heart of downtown surrounded by hundreds of businesses.
- Monday through Wednesday -- 7:30am to 9:30pm
- Thursday through Saturday -- 7:30am to 3:00am
- Free on Sunday except during major events ($5 flat fee, garage only)
- East Chestnut Street between Walnut & High.
- North Walnut Street between Gay & Chestnut.
- From High Street, access the garage via Prescott Alley between Gay & Chestnut Streets.
It contains 689 parking spaces, plus 16 bicycle lockers, making it the largest parking facility in town. It's designed with a brick exterior to blend in with the Borough's historic downtown and is serviced by three elevators, enhanced security, and both long-term and short-term parking options.
On select Friday evenings in the summer, enjoy the Vintage Garage Sale.
Long-term parking costs
- Rates for the long-term parking are $.75 per half-hour with a maximum of just $9.00 per day no matter how long you stay. You pay for what you use when exiting so there's no need to worry if the meter has expired.
- On Saturday, enter after 5:00pm for a $5 flat fee.
- The booth attendant or automatic ticket machine takes cash or credit card.
- Many merchants and restaurants will validate your garage parking so check with them and lower your parking costs.
- When the gates are up, generally on Sunday, parking is FREE.
- Parking for major events is a $5 flat fee at the garage only.
Short-term parking costs
- $0.50 per half hour with a three-hour limit.
- The short-term parking option is on the ground level with a pay-and-display kiosk system.
- Pay at the kiosk and display your ticket on your dashboard. Use exact change (coins and $1 bills) or credit card.
- Subject to an overtime parking ticket if you're running late.
- Your worry-free option will always be long-term parking.
Monthly parking is available, call 610-436-9689
Standard Parking of Chicago is the operator of the garage. To take advantage of monthly parking permits at the Chestnut Street Garage or the Bicentennial Garage (20 S High St), contact Matt Knott at 610-696-2627 or e-mail email@example.com.