The new Chestnut Street Facility is located in the heart of downtown surrounded by hundreds of businesses.
- Monday through Wednesday -- 7:30am to 9:30pm
- Thursday through Saturday -- 7:30am to 3:00am
- Free on Sunday except during major events ($5 flat fee, garage only)
- East Chestnut Street between Walnut & High.
- North Walnut Street between Gay & Chestnut.
- From High Street, access the garage via Prescott Alley between Gay & Chestnut Streets.
It contains 689 parking spaces, plus 16 bicycle lockers, making it the largest parking facility in town. It's designed with a brick exterior to blend in with the Borough's historic downtown and is serviced by three elevators, enhanced security, and both long-term and short-term parking options.
On select Friday evenings in the summer, enjoy the Vintage Garage Sale.
Long-term parking costs
- Rates for the long-term parking are $.75 per half-hour with a maximum of just $9.00 per day no matter how long you stay. You pay for what you use when exiting so there's no need to worry if the meter has expired.
- On Saturday, enter after 5:00pm for a $5 flat fee.
- The booth attendant or automatic ticket machine takes cash or credit card.
- Many merchants and restaurants will validate your garage parking so check with them and lower your parking costs.
- When the gates are up, generally on Sunday, parking is FREE.
- Parking for major events is a $5 flat fee at the garage only.
Short-term parking costs
- $0.50 per half hour with a three-hour limit.
- The short-term parking option is on the ground level with a pay-and-display kiosk system.
- Pay at the kiosk and display your ticket on your dashboard. Use exact change (coins and $1 bills) or credit card.
- Subject to an overtime parking ticket if you're running late.
- Your worry-free option will always be long-term parking.
Monthly parking is available
Standard Parking of Chicago is the operator of the garage. To take advantage of monthly parking permits at the Chestnut Street Garage or the Bicentennial Garage (20 S High St), contact Matt Knott at 610-696-2627 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.